Friday, July 10, 2015

A Couple Blog Tags

My blogging friend Olivia(whose blog, by the way, is really good!) has nominated me for a few tags, so thank you, Olivia!! First, the–
Rules
1.  Thank and link to the blogger/s who nominated you
2.  Answer the 11 questions
3.  Nominate/tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Okay, here are the 11 questions and their 11 answers:

Do you have a hero(someone who has inspired you)?
The reformers(Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, etc.) and protestants who risked their lives to glorify God have always stood out to me.
Books touch us all: which book or story has touched you in particular?
Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia(surprise, surprise!). But one I don’t talk about as much which has particularly touched me– The Hiding Place. Everyone should read this book.
What was one of the most ridiculous things you have done in front of a stranger?
Who knows. . . :)
Do you have any pastimes or hobbies?
Well besides the obvious reading and writing, I enjoy cross-stitching, music(the playingand listening of) and blogging.
What is a book or movie that you fangirl over excessively?
Pride and Prejudice. I talk about that book too often. : D
What are some of your life’s goals/dreams (say as little or as much as you like…)?
I’d looooove to publish a book someday– that and read Les Miserables which counts as a life goal, because it will probably take a long time. (:
What is something you wished you were better at?
Self-motivation. And science. Science is not my favorite subject.
What character from a book or movie do you love?
Besides the characters I listed in my top ten list, I really like Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.
What character from a book or movie do you hate?
I honestly can’t help feeling bad for him in some parts, but Uncle Andrew from The Magician’s Nephew is pretty nasty.
Have you ever cried when reading a book?
I realize this may make me look like a cold, heartless bookworm, but the honest answer is no.
Where would your dream vacation be?
Like Olivia wrote, Prince Edward Island or maybe I’d go for New Zealand.
My questions(which I’m trying to keep all book-oriented)–
1. Which was one of the first chapter books you remember reading?
2. Is there a book you’ve read which everybody else seemed to like but you didn’t?
3. Which is the longest book you’ve read?
4. Do you have a favorite quote from a book?
5. Would you rather read a book or write a blog post?
6. How many books(if any?) have you read that are worse than the movie?
7. Which book character do you relate to the best?
8. Do you watch movies based on books you haven’t read yet or do you not really care?
9. Which is the most boring book you’ve ever read(not including textbooks)?
10. Can you read and eat at the same time?
11. Which is your favorite place to read?

And moving on to the 2nd blog tag. . .
Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
Unless thermos bottles count as mugs, not really.
Are you an adventurous eater?  (Do you try “strange” foods?)
Yes! Sushi is one of my favorites.
What fandoms are you into?
Lots– but I’ll try to keep it to the ones that are actual fandoms and don’t just consist of me.
Lord of the Rings. Chronicles of Narnia. Captain America. Les Mis(though I haven’t seen the movie or read the book, I love some of the songs). Beauty and the Beast.
What famous author/book do you not really care for?
Most of the popular books nowadays I don’t really care for, but particularlyDivergent which you can see from one of my earlier posts.  (:
Which obscure author/book are you crazy about?
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. It’s kind of meant for younger kids, but I loved it.
What’s the oldest movie you’ve ever watched?
I honestly don’t know.
What did you have for breakfast today?
Bagels with butter and honey. Yummm.
When did you first see your favorite movie?
I think my favorite movie is Return of the King, which I believe I saw with my Dad a few months after turning 12.
Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi?
Fantasy!! Though there’s a lot of fantasy out there I don’t care for.
What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
Well, this is my first post, but I'm expecting to talk about my fandoms and other nerdy things.
Has it changed?  If so, how?
Hasn't really had time to change yet. ;P
And, as far as nominating goes, I’m nominating anyone who wants to do it. :D Thanks for reading!

“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
― Lemony Snicket, from Horseradish

7 comments:

  1. This is so exciting, Meredith!:D And I LOVE the quote you chose to go at the top:D

    Getting through Les Mis WILL probably take some time--I think it took me MONTHS XD

    Hee, I have to say, I love Uncle Andrew. He's one of my favorite fictional villains XD Of course, he IS terrible, and the fact that I love him so much probably stems from the fact that there's this particular audio recording of The Magician's Nephew that I like to listen to, and the way the narrator plays Uncle Andrew is simply delightful;)

    Yeah, Divergent was kind of...meh. That is, I only skimmed the book, so I suppose I can't really judge it that well, but it didn't really grab me:-/ The movie was kind of enjoyable in parts, though.

    BAGELS! Bagels are awesome;)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for the enthusiasm! Yes that quote-- it's one of my favorites. :) I absolutely love quotes(if you hadn't figured that out yet). Yeah, I'm estimating a little over three months for Les Mis. . . or more. . . That's interesting about Uncle Andrew. I think I like him as a character, but would very much dislike him as a person. If that makes sense. ;p Which recording of The Magician's Nephew do you listen to? I have the Focus on the Family dramatization. :)
      Thanks for being my first commenter!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. YES. Prince Edwards Island would be THE best summer vacation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse the late reply, I somehow hadn't seen it until now, but, yesssss. It totally would, my librarian said she took a trip there, so now I'll have to as well, someday. :)

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.