Friday, August 7, 2015

The Best Books from A to Y

Okay, I'm totally aware that this idea sounds like something out of a picture book, but I thought it'd be worth a try anyway. And I substituted Y for Z in the title, because I had nothing for Z. xD

So here are my favorite books for each letter:


  • A Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
  • B Beowulf 
  • C The Castle of Llyr by Llyod Alexander
  • D Duncan's War by Douglas Bond
  • E Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Enghald
  • F Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • G Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  • H The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • I The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
  • J Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
  • K The King's Arrow by Douglas Bond
  • L The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis
  • M The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
  • N North! Or Be Eaten by Andrew Peterson
  • O Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
  • P Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
  • Q The Queen's Smuggler(this book wasn't great, really. It was just the only book I've read that starts with Q) by Dave Jackson
  • R Return of the King(if I had to pick one favorite of everything I've read, this would be it) by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • S The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis
  • T The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • U Usborne Time Traveler(a history book I used to really like. It's not amazing, though, I've just only read two books that start with U) by Judy Hindley
  • V The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis
  • W Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
  • Y The Year of Miss Agnes by Kirkpatrik Hill 
How many of those have you read? 

7 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea. I do believe I'm going to have to steal it.

    I've read a lot of these, but some of them I've only heard of:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all the Narnia books, I've read Anne of Green Gables, and I've read Johnny Tremain.
    But, everyone's--that may or may not be a slight exaggeration--harping on me to read The Lord of the Rings, so I'll probably end up reading that sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I used the Chronicles of Narnia books for a lot of the letters. :)

      Delete
  3. You read Johnny Tremain too! I was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! And I'll be reading it again this year as a school assignment, so maybe I'll post a review. :D

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.