Monday, August 3, 2015

The Wingfeather Saga(Books 1 & 2)

Hello, readers! I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not, but there's this great fantasy book series called The Wingfeather Saga written by a Christian songwriter and it's incredible. 

I've only read the first two books, so I'll paste what I wrote on Goodreads down below. 

Review of Book 1(On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness):


Oh, wow! This series is so good! 
I think the best way to describe it is as a cross between Lord of the Rings and A Series of Unfortunate Events. It has the fantasy element of Tolkien, and the humorous, though occasional and subtle gloomy feel of Lemony Snicket. Unlike in a Series of Unfortunate Events, however, the author does impressively well with incorporating hope and avoiding leaving stings untied(the worst part of ASOUE!). 
Other than that, the writing style is beautiful, the character development thorough, the plot-line entertaining, the Christian themes encouraging, and Fangs of Dang terrifying. :DFavorite Character: The Florid Sword

And then, on North! Or Be Eaten

Oh, wow! This series is so good! I think the best way to describe it is as a cross between Lord of the Rings and A Series of Unfortunate Events. It has the fantasy element of Tolkien, and the humorous, though occasional and subtle gloomy feel of Lemony Snicket. Unlike in a Series of Unfortunate Events, however, the author does impressively well with incorporating hope and avoiding leaving stings untied(the worst part of ASOUE!).
Other than that, the writing style is beautiful, the character development thorough, the plot-line entertaining, the Christian themes encouraging, and Fangs of Dang terrifying. :D
Favorite Character: The Florid Sword

So, what about you? Have you read this series? What have you chosen for summer reading? I'm considering posting a list once the school year begins of what I've read this summer. :)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds interesting! This Summer I've read the chronicles of Narnia I want to read The Lord of the Rings soon, because everybody seems to be a fan, I want to see for myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting! Oh, man, The Chronicles of Narnia are really, really good, but I think I like LotR even better. :)

      Delete
  2. I also haven't read it, but i'm adding it to my must-read list :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.