Sunday, November 29, 2015

C. S. Lewis Quotes

Happy Birthday, Lewis!

And the quotes, as promised(my favorites are colored):

“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."”

"Most of us know what we should expect to find in a dragon's lair, but, as I said before, Eustace had read only the wrong books. They had a lot to say about exports and imports and governments and drains, but they were weak on dragons." (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”

“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.” 

^^True, that.

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”




“I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once.”

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” 

“I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.”

^^This is Puddleglum, yeah? 

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”


“Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.” (Magician's Nephew)

“If you think of this world as a place simply intended for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place for training and correction and it's not so bad.” 

~~~

Thank you for sticking through all my C. S. Lewis posts this week! It was fun, Abby! 

Also, my "Why It Makes Me Mad That The Hobbit Is Rated R" post probably won't actually happen, like I'd suggested it would. But I am considering a post on Downton Abbey once I finish the first season(no spoilers, please!). Thoughts? 
^^


^^

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love all of his quotes! Thanks for participating in the C. S. Lewis Week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail! And of course, it was fun!! :D

      Delete
  2. (Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute: The Hobbit is rated R??)

    Loved your selections! :) And a post on the first season of Downton would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry, I forgot to clarify: The Battle of Five Armies: Extended Edition is rated R. For violence. :(

      Good! Yes, I rather think it would;) Have you seen Downton Abbey?

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.