Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2016 Reading Challenges

I don't know why, but Blogger isn't letting me make a new page, which is what I'd planned to do with the below content, so instead here it is as a post. Oh, well. :)

Titles I've reviewed are linked.


The 12 Month Classics Challenge 

Hosted by Lois at You, Me, and a Cup of Tea. You can find more information here. This is my first time participating in a year-long reading challenge, so I'm pretty excited. :D

Please be prepared; everything here is up to change, as I rarely stick rigidly to my plans. :)

January- A Classic You've Always Wanted To Read- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

February- A Classic You've Always Dreaded Reading- Moby Dick by Herman Melville

March- A Classic You've Been Recommended- An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott

April- A Classic You've Seen the Movie/Miniseries/Tv Show of- Either Sense and Sensibility or Old Yeller, depending on how much extra reading time school leaves me.  

May- An American Classic- A Lantern in Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich

June- A British Classic- Ivanhoe by Walter Scott

July- A European Classic(non-British)- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy or The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo

August- A Modern Classic- The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien

September- A Children's Classic- Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor H. Porter

October- A Classic by a Female Author- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy

NovemberA Classic by a Male Author- The Gold-Bug and Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe

December- A Classic Written Under A Pseudonym- Silas Marner by George Eliot

The Hardcore Re-Reading Challenge

Also hosted by Lois, here. I'm going for level one, which is Re-reading itch. :D

Here's a very rough idea of books I'd like to re-read this year:

  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
  • Angel on the Square by Gloria Whelan
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
  • The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
  • Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery 
  • Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
  • Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery
  • Sergeant York and the Great War by Tom Skeyhill  
  • The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Beowulf(translated by J. R. R. Tolkien)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, haven't you read Sense and Sensibility yet? It IS SO GOOD. Probably my favourite Austen book - tied with Pride and Prejudice. (I can NEVER decided which of the two I prefer. :-P)

    Have fun reading all these!

    ~ Naomi

    PS Thank you for reading my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I started it when I was about 11 and got through 1/3 of it before I watched the movie and lost interest. Silly me. ;)

      I'm sure I will!

      And of course! I love your blog! :D

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.