Thursday, December 24, 2015

Ask Me Anything Answers(and Merry Christmas!)

Thank you everyone for your questions! : ) And Merry Christmas, too, while I'm at it, because it's here!

Morgan asked:

What do you most want for Christmas?

A tricky one already! I want a fountain pen...and books...

What is your favorite fruit?


Ohhhhh, probably cherries.

What is your favorite soda? (If you don't have one favorite juice?)

Root beer.

What do you normally eat on Christmas Day? (Turkey, ham, steak...)


We eat meatballs, swedish tea ring(but we're doing monkey bread this year), candy canes, and other foods...

What is your favorite subject in school?

Shakespeare! That was only last semester, though, so we'll see what this semester brings.

Do you have any hobbies?


Well, besides the obvious blogging, I like photography, piano, reading(but you knew that), sometimes skiing, and writing.

What is your favorite type of food? (Chinese, Mexican, Italian...)


My parents met in Japan, so I absolutellllly love sushi. But I'm also a Mexican food fan. And Italian. 

Ummm, I'll say Mexican. But not everything.


Chloe asked:

What is one of the worst movies you've seen? 


One Night At the Museum 2. Mehhhhhh. 

I liked the first one, but it hinged on a unique plot, whereas the sequel didn't, so instead it ended up as a painstaking drag of less-than humorous plot twists and a less-than satisfactory conclusion. Not impressed.

Do you have a favorite tea flavor?

Yesssss! Apple Cinnamon. It's the bestest. :D

Do you have a favorite piece of furniture in your house? 

My bookshelf! 



Where do you best like to read? 

On my bungee chair.



When was the last time a book made you laugh out loud? 


Les Misérables. But more oft than not, I was laughing at the book, instead of with the book. 

If you could spend one day with any fictional character, whom would it be? 

*cries of anguish* 

NO! 

Okay, I can do this...

...

...

...

Anne Shirley.  



What is your favorite Christmas movie?



It's A Wonderful Life!!!!!!







Do you have a favorite Les Miserables character?

Jean Valjean!! He's incredibly sacrificial and unassuming. But Eponine is second. 



If you have a bookshelf in your room (if not, then just choose one from somewhere in your house), how many books are on it?

 I have two(bookshelves, not books)!

The first bookshelf holds 103 books, and the second holds 56 books, totaling 159 books. 


Two pairs of duplicates, 3 are my sister's(we share a room), two belong to the public library, and one I borrowed from the church library.

Bekah asked: 

How old are you?

I don't usually reveal how old I am online, but I will say that I'm a teenager.

What's your favorite Christmas tradition?


My favorite? Probably watching It's A Wonderful Life.


Would I be a terrible human being if I also copied this post?

Nope! I copied it from Abby and Morgan, so...

Have you ever seen "Elf"? (It's a Christmas movie, and a really funny one.)


Yes! How can a movie manage to be so funny and yet so sweet?




How long have you been blogging?


A while. Before this blog, I co-authored something with my sister, in which we encouraged readers to visit Alaska. That was, hmmmm, 5 years ago(????).

Then I moved to my Wordpress blog, Two Books In My Pocket, only then I called it something else. I've actually been over there for a long time, but you won't be able to find some of my earlier posts because they've been deleted. They were pretty awful. ^.^

So, long story short, about five years.

Follow up question, when did you start blogging?


So, sticking with the 5 years ago thing, I'd say 2010(ish).


On a scale of 1-to-10, how would you label your artistic abilities? 


3 or 4. My handwriting is decent, but my picture drawing skills...yeah, not so much. 

Abigail asked: 

If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?

That's actually a really hard question.

K,

nerdy, weird, giggly


Favorite season?

Either winter because sledding and skiing and Narnia and CHRISTMAS, or summer because SUMMER BREAK. (Yes, those had to be in caps).

Favorite author?

C. S. Lewis! You can read my answers to the C. S. Lewis Tag here.

Do you play any instruments?

Yup! Piano is the only one right now, but I really want to try violin.

If you could spend one day with any fictional character, who would it be and why? 

Well, since Chloe already asked this, I'll just go ahead and pick a second choice.

Jo March from Little Women.

Favorite holiday?

Christmas!!!!! :D

Favorite superhero?(if you've seen any of them)

Loki! 



Ahem. Just kidding.

I've seen both Thor and both Captain America movies(twice). I liked Thor, but Captain America is definitely my favorite! You can read a guest post about him, right here.


~~~

Again, thank you everyone!

I may be back again sometime soon to talk about the upcoming movie marathon I'm plotting to celebrate Tolkien's birthday, January 3rd. I'm going to stay up all night with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It'll be pretty epic, I'm sure. :D

Until then, have a blessed Christmas Eve!


And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2: 6-11, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.