Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Two Christmas-y Tags

Silent night, holy night, wondrous star, lend thy light;
With the angels let us sing,
Alleluia to our King.
Christ the Saviour is born...

It's that time of year! My family is going to see a production of The Christmas Carol later today, which makes me considerably excited! I've been tagged/half-tagged for a couple tags, so here they are!

First things first, the

Christmas Movies Tag

Yay! :D

~Rules~

-Link back to the blogger who tagged you. (Bekah
-Answer the questions 
-Tag a general audience, or (a) specific blogger(s)


1. What is your favorite Christmas movie? 

Easy. It's A Wonderful Life!!! Seriously, go watch it. 

2. Which Christmas movie has your favorite representation of the North Pole? 

Same as Bekah and Ilse: Elf

3. Which Christmas movie has your favorite representation of Santa?

Hmmm, I feel like such a copy cat here, but probably Miracle on 34th Street. I also like Elf's Santa. 

4. What, in your opinion, is the most powerful Christmas movie you've seen?

My first answer would be It's A Wonderful Life, but A Christmas Carol also has a really powerful message. (Sorry, Bekah.)

5. This question you get to write. For me, it is: Which is the funniest Christmas movie you've seen? 

Elf!

"You sit on a throne of lies."

6. Which Christmas movie makes you feel the most Christmas magic? 

Probably Elf.

Thanks for the nomination, Bekah! I tag anyone who wishes to snag it.



Next...

The Christmas Tag

The rules:

-Post the picture on your blog(apparently we're just ignoring this rule, because the picture got lost somewhere)


-Answer the questions


-Tag up to 12 blogger


-Make up 10 questions for the other bloggers.
 (Or just pass on the questions below)


What is your favorite Christmas treat?
The swedish wafer cookies we make every year. They don't even have chocolate, but they're very tasty. 

Are there any special traditions that your family has to celebrate Christmas? 
Lots! I'll just mention one: Every Christmas, my parents find an ornament that signifies something we did that year or something we were "in to" to open on Christmas Eve. 

How do you normally celebrate Christmas? 

Hehe. Us kids aren't allowed downstairs(where the tree is) until 5:30. But we usually end up waking earlier to congregate in the hallway and whisper excitedly. At 5:30, we march downstairs to scrutinize the tree(Mom and Dad don't set out the presents till after we've retired to our respective bedrooms on Christmas Eve). Then we tear into our stockings. 

It's usually around that time(6:00-ish) that Mom and Dad come down. Then, we eat breakfast, Dad leads family devotions(I think?), and we begin on the tree presents, youngest to oldest, one at a time. In our house, that's the only way to open presents;)

Do you enjoy getting presents for your friends and family? Do you buy your gifts or go the homemade route?

Yes! I usually buy gifts online or at Target/Walmart/Fred Meyer. My only crafty skill to speak of is cross-stitching, so I've given cross-stitched presents once or twice.

Is it cold where you live? Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Well, we live in Alaska, so, yes, quite cold! We usually have a white Christmas, but I don't know about this year...

What’s on your Christmas list this year?


A fountain pen, gift cards, books, movies, and (ideas geared towards my siblings) eos chapstick, or mechanical pencils.

What’s your favorite Christmas song?

Gosh... That's impossible. Maybe Joy to the World or God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

What is your favorite Christmas memory?

Christmas Eve festivities. 


What does your Christmas Tree look like?
Haha, we picked ours from the great outdoors this time(not even a tree farm), so it looks pretty scraggly. 

What are you reading in December? (Anything festive?)

*checks Goodreads*

I only actually read and finished one of these this December; all of the others I've started and haven't finished yet, or started earlier in the year, and finished in Dec. 

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever(seriously underrated, you guys), Les Misérables, War Horse, Persuasion, and The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

I'm also hoping to read A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher. 

Are you an organized little elf or are you still shopping/preparing on Christmas Eve?

I save all of the wrapping till Christmas Eve, but otherwise, pretty organized.

How early do you start to get into the Christmas spirit?

Thanksgiving time.

Do you make any Christmas crafts? Decorations? Send physical Christmas cards?

Our family sends Thanksgiving letters instead of Christmas letters to reduce stress, so I guess those don't count. 

I also made some to-from tags this year(only two). They take me waaay to long! 

What’s the menu for Christmas Day?!

Monkey bread, candy canes, meatballs, and cream puffs.

What makes it FEEL like Christmas for you? (Weather, specific tradition, food, smell, person, etc.?)

Singing Christmas-y hymns, watching Christmas movies, and SHOPPING.

Do you have relatives coming? Excited? Nervous?

Not this year.

What famous Christmas character do you most identify with? (Scrooge, Elf, Tiny Tim, the Grinch, Santa, etc.)

What?? I'm going to be painfully honest and say that I feel like Scrooge sometimes, because I'm not an artsy, "let's-bake-some-cookies" sort of person, but I also put a lot of time and thought into presents, which would mean Santa. 

That's a hard one!

If you were to start a new Christmas tradition, what would it be?

I don't know.... Maybe driving around to see the lights before returning home after the Christmas Eve service.

What Christmas movies do you like to watch this time of year or what’s your favorite?

It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street(although I missed it this time while I was at The Force Awakens), Elf, and anything else my mom suggests.

What’s your favorite Christmasy book or book with a favorite Christmasy part?

Christmas Carol!!!!

Thank you for reading! Again, anyone who likes may take the tag. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.