Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Musicals Game

WELL. I've finished school and now I'm ready to start all those "other" blog posts I talked about that weren't tags or book reviews.

A few of these(the ones I "deem" harder) will be multiple choice and one or two might be from a musical, but not necessarily a quote from a song. But most of them will be. Also, I'll turn on comment moderation so ya'll don't get accidentally influenced by a previous comment.

Just list your guess as to which musical it came from, and who said it. Spelling doesn't matter. Answers and scores will be announced next week.




1. "I want much more than this provincial life. I want adventure in the great wild somewhere! I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand; I want so much more than they've got planned."

2. "So never kick a dog because he's just a pup. We'll fight like twenty armies and we won't give up. So you better run for cover when the pup grows up!"

3. "Cos, do something! Call me a cab!"

    "Okay, you're a cab!"

4. "Did I abuse her or show her disdain? Why does she run from me? If I should lose her, how shall I regain the heart she has won from me? Agony!"

a. Into the Woods

b. Les Misérables

c. The Phantom of the Opera



5. "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match. Buy me a buy, catch me a catch."

6. "Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! It's off to work we go. We keep on singing all day long. Heigh-ho!" 

a. Cinderella

b. Wicked

c. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

7. "Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination."

8. "You are sixteen going on seventeen. Baby, it's time to think. Better beware be canny and careful. Baby, you're on the brink!"



9. "Little girls, little girls, everywhere I go I can see them. Little girls, little girls, night and day I eat sleep and breathe them."

10. "Impossible things are happening everyday!"

Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. Okay I'm kind of guessing here because I haven't seen these movies in a while...

    1 is from Beauty and the Beast. 6 is Snow White acne the Seven Dwarves. Are 4 and 9 from Into the Woods? That's all I got... I hope my mind isn't failing me already lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this looks like fun!!

    1. Belle from Beauty and the Beast
    3. Singin in the Rain...I don't know their names...one is Cos...;)
    4.Into the Woods and Cinderella's Prince is the one who sang it. :)
    6. c. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and the Dwarves sang it.
    7. The Phantom of the Operaaaa...and the Phantom sings that part. :D
    8. The Sound of Music, is his name Ralph? I don't remember...
    9. Ms. Hannigan from Annie.

    Those are the ones I know, so much fun, Meredith!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun game! Thanks for turning on the comment moderation!
    1. Disney's Beauty and the Beast. (Sung by Belle.)
    2. Hm. I have no idea!
    3. Singin' In the Rain. (Don Lockwood and Cosmo.)
    4. Into the Woods. (Prince Charming.)
    5. Fiddler on the Roof. (Tevye's daughters.)
    6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. (The dwarves.)
    7. Phantom of the Opera. (The phantom (otherwise known as Erik)).
    8. The Sound of Music! (Rolf.)
    9. Annie. (Miss Hannigan.)
    10. The Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella. (The fairy godmother.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Beauty and the Beast, Belle
    2. Les Miserables, Gavroche (he's adorable!)
    3. Goodness, I saw that on pinterest a couple days ago, but I have no idea what it's from!
    4. Into the Woods, Prince Charming
    5. The fiddler on the roof, I know it's one of the sisters, but their names (and spellings) escape me at the moment
    6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, the seven dwarves (with the exception of Dopey, because we never hear him say anything)
    7. The Phantom of the Opera, the Phantom
    8. The Sound of Music, Rolf
    9. Annie, Miss Hannigan
    10. Cinderella, either her fairy godmother, or Cinderella, I'm pretty sure they both say it at some point.

    That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Beauty and the Beast-Belle
    2. Les Miserable-POOR DEAD GAVROCHE WHO I LOVE WITH ALL MY SOUL
    3. I honestly have no idea.
    4. a.) Into the Woods
    5. Fiddler on the Roof-the older 3 daughters
    6. c.) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
    7. The Phantom of the Opera-the Phantom
    8. The Sound of Music, Ralf (is that that dude's name? Liesel's boyfriend who turns out to be a Nazi.)
    9. Annie-Miss Hannigan
    10. Alice in Wonderland?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are my guesses:

    #1 Belle in "Beauty and the Beast"

    #2 Gavroche in "Les Miserables"

    #3 Don Lockwood and Cosmo (Brown?) in "Singin' in the Rain"

    #4 guessing A cuz that's not familiar to me

    #5 the daughters, especially Seitl (sp?) in "Fiddler on the Roof"

    #6 C

    #7 Eric, aka the Phantom, in "The Phantom of the Opera"

    #8 Rolfe (or, as my kids call him, Liesl's Ex-Boyfriend Who Turned Out To Be A Nazi, So She Doesn't Like Him Anymore) in "The Sound of Music"

    #9 Ummmmmmmm, maybe from "Gigi"? Is it part of "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" sung by Maurice Chevalier?

    #10 No Idea Whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.