Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Bookshelf Tag


LoverofLembas, at her blog of the same name, created a new tag semi-recently. She invited anyone who wanted to show of her bookshelves(that'd be me!) to join. 


It took me this long to take it, but here I am!


























Rules--

  • Once you are tagged, copy and paste the image above into your new post.
  • Show readers your book shelf and explain what books are on there.  Pictures are always fun!
  • Tag as many other people as you want and copy-paste these instructions onto your post so they know exactly what to do.
  • Make sure to leave a link to your post on the site you were tagged. 

(I apologize in advance for poor quality.) And, without further ado, here they are! 

My First Bookcase--

See my P&P'05 poster on the door? 


                                               

My biggest bookcase is built into the wall. It houses books(well, OBVIOUSLY), VHS's and other miscellaneous items.


The top shelf is a jumble of textbooks, large non-fiction books, and a copy of The Hobbit that's too big to fit on my other shelves. 


My VHS collection! I picked these up at thrift stores and book sales after buying a VCR because used VHS's are cheaper than DVDs. 


On the left I have some notebooks, loose lined paper, magazines, and other miscellaneous items. This is also where I keep library books(as with the green copy of Freckles leaning against the bookend. Starting with Gypsy Rizka by Lloyd Alexander, the books(fiction, non-fiction, and some long pamphlets) are organized alphabetically by author's last name. 

That little red book in the corner is Augustine's Confessions with the original Latin written on the left and the English translation written on the right. I also have my Jane Austen books and a tall copy of Pinocchio(one of my favorite's as a little kid).




The green-gold book is a collection of Grimms' fairy tales, and that fat orange volume is O. Henry's short stories. 


Narnia, Billy Budd, and the beginning of my large L. M. Montgomery collection.

My Second Bookcase-- 

This one is in my closet(that black thing brushing up against the wood is a dress, and I have some school books propped against the wall). 


I keep lotion/hair products/lip balm/etc. on the top, and a LotR ring. :D 

The first shelf finishes my Montgomery inventory with the later Anne books, the last two Emily Starr trilogy books(I need to get the first one!), A Tangled Web, and The Blue Castle. The green books are passed down from my grandmother who received them in the late '50s/early '60s. 
This is my last shelf of books, with some Shakespeare, Tolkien, N. D. Wilson, and concluded by Zusak's The Book Thief




My DVDs(Inside Out, 2014 Annie, Death on the Nile, Hugo, Les Misérables, The Hobbit and LotR trilogies, the Narnia trilogy, P&P'95 and P&P'05, The Princess Bride, Star Wars trilogy, and a boxed collection of BBC Charles Dickens adaptions), audio books(The Story of the World Volumes 1-4 and The Young Carthaginian), and audio dramas(Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, and Narnia). Downton Abbey Season 4 is from the library. 



And, last, but not least, the trio of Latin books I keep under the shelves. 


Whew! 

Some stats about my books: 

Oldest Book: Beowulf
Newest Book: Look Both Ways in the Barrio Blanco(a book my other grandmother gave us, since it's written by a friend of hers)
Longest Book: Lord of the Rings 
Author Whose Books I Have the Most Of: L. M. Montgomery(there's a reason for this!)
Number of Books: 176(about 125 of which I've read)
Number of Movies(VHS's included): 35

Thanks for reading! Feel free to take the tag if you'd like. I'd love to see you're shelves! 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Ooh, have you read the Confessions? I never have, but maybe I should give it a go. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Not yet! But I've heard good things... I'll have to post a book review when I read it. :)

      Delete
  2. Meredith - you keep your books very neat and orderly. I need to do the same! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You have some gorgeous books there girl!
    I love the blog look btw, it's so pretty and serene!

    And I shall indeed steal the tag, it looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Half of them are from library book sales and thrift stores. :D

      Yay, I'm glad you like it!

      Awesome! I look forward to reading it.

      Delete
  4. Very nice, Meredith! I love the LotR ring! <3 =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you're reading Freckles!
    You have a lot of books . . . A lot more than I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started it yet, but soon-- yes! :D

      Well, to be honest, (I meant to mention this in the post): a lot of these are my family's that I snatched up and some are my sister's(we share a room), but I like to think they're all mine! :D

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.