Monday, June 6, 2016

June's Louisa May Alcott Reading List

Although I'm a little late, I am participating this June in Tarissa's Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge.

Louisa May Alcott Reading Challenge ... JUNE 2016


Firstly, you can join, too! If you have never read a book by Louisa May Alcott, or you would like to finally finish a book of hers you've been meaning to read for a long time(as is the case with me), just check out her post, here. There's still time; 24 days left in June! I'd love to chat over LMA books with you. :)

Secondly, here is what I'm reading:

Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

372319 Now I can finally finish the Little Women trilogy. I've heard it isn't as good as the previous two(which I love very much), but I'll have to find out for myself!

Little Women Next Door by Sheila Solomon Klass

Little Women Next Door This is a fictional and biographical book for children about the life of Louisa May Alcott.

The Skipping Shoes
1190419Lastly, a short story by LMA that I found in Faerie Gold. I won't be reading the whole book-- just The Skipping Shoes.

So there you go! Like I said, feel free to join if you'd like, and expect reviews of these books soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith! I'm simply thrilled you're back for another round of the Alcott challenge. :)

    Good for you on wanting to finish the Little Women trilogy! That was a BIG accomplishment for me too, and now I figure I'll have to read them all again one day. Jo's Boys may be a little different than the previous two, but I still love and cherish it. :)

    Little Women Next Door was a good one I enjoyed last year, and found that I learned a lot about her family, even through fiction.

    I hope you enjoy all your Alcott picks! I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      Yeah, I've skimmed through it, and it certainly looks a little different, but, coming from LMA, I'm sure I'll like it!

      Actually, I got the idea to read it from the glowing review you wrote last year. I'll enjoy learning a little more about LMA.

      Thanks! I'll write reviews as soon as I finish. :)

      Delete
    2. I LOVED Little Women Next Door! Looking forward to what you think.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I put it on hold at the library. :)

      Delete
  2. Jo's Boys is great! I've read it multiple times, but just re-read it back in October. I think it fits quite nicely with the first two books, and I love all of them. :D Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm glad to hear you liked it. :) I've only read the first few chapters so far, but hopefully a review will be up soon!

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.