Saturday, June 4, 2016

Summer Reading Goals: Branching Out

This summer I want to branch out a little in my reading tastes and experience.

You've probably seen that I often stick to the classics and re-read all my favorite books. Re-reading is awesome and the classics will always be the best...however this summer I'm going to try some new things.

I'd also like to check off some books I've been meaning to read for awhile.



And so, I created these categories for myself and I'm hoping to read a book from at least six of them:

~A Book From An Author I've Never Read Before

~A Sci-Fi Novel

~A Book I've Been Meaning to Read for Years

~A Christian Romance Novel

~A MG novel

~A Mystery Novel

~A Best-Seller

~A Non-Fiction Book on a Topic I Haven't Studied Before

~A Book From A Series I Haven't Finished Yet

~A Humorous Book

~A Book Published Less Than A Year Ago

~A Mystery Novel

~Something by Steven Lawhead

~An American Classic

~A Book I'd Been Unfairly Prejudiced Against

~An Intriguing Picture Book

~A Book One of My Siblings Likes

~A Book That I Started And Never Finished

~Fanfiction



Maybe at the end of the summer, I'll post about which books I chose and if I liked them. Feel free to use this list if you'd also like to branch out a little or finally get around to reading those certain evasive books. :)

Enjoy the summer!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Have you decided which books yet?
    I keep telling myself, "When it's Summer." And then I'm like, "Wait. It IS Summer." :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite, but I have some ideas. (Mark of the Lion for Christian Romance, Beverly Cleary for a book my siblings like, and Cinder for a sci-fi novel)

      I know what you mean!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a cool list. Hope you enjoy it!

    Oh, and if you're going for Cinder for the sci-fi novel... I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!! I finally got around to reading it just this past February and couldn't believe how amazing it was. I'm hoping to read the 2nd book in the series this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Wow, you're one of the very many people to tell me I'd like it. It's incredible how popular it is! I'll definitely try it this summer. :)

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.