Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Things I Must Do Before August Ends

Ay, ay, ay!

Where has the summer gone?

Actually, this has been an epic and fulfilling summer that started quite early, so I have nothing to complain about. But that doesn't mean I don't have a thousand more things I must do before August closes. Thankfully, although school starts mid-August, it probably won't get intense till September.

As Nimrodel said, "one month more". :D

Here are the things I really want do:

~Finish the Anne books. Three more to go.

~Get everything ready to start teaching piano in the fall. I'm hoping to start teaching piano as a  part-time job this fall, but I need to start advertising, purchasing business licenses, yada, yada.

And if you think of it, I would appreciate your prayers that I get students. :)

~Organize my school stuff. It's that time of year.

~Read Cress

~Make a picture album-thingy from the pictures I took with our most recent visitors. 

Here's one of the pictures: I'm rather proud of it:)



~Finish Sense and Sensibility'95. This one partially depends on my mom's schedule, because we're watching it together.

~Finish my math book. Yeah, hopefully...

~Get to where I'm supposed to be for our church's women's book discussion group. All the other women are reading Knowing God. I started it, but I really need to catch up now.

~Practice at least 7 hours of violin. At least.

~Write a guest post for LoverofLembas's Blog-ust

~Finish watching Strangers on a Train

~Read more of this school year's books. I was hoping to read ahead on a few more school books than I did, but if nothing else, I got the hard ones out of the way.

~Paint my toenails. 




~Practice piano at least 10 hours. 

~Do the Downton Abbey marathon my friend and I have been talking about since the spring.  "Don't be defeatist, dear, it's very middle class..."

~Catch up on pen-pal-ing. 

~Watch an episode of one of those tv shows I keep meaning to watch.  Jeremy Brett's Sherlock HolmesRobin Hood, Father Brown, Merlin, Doctor Who, etc.
British television for the win. :D

~Spend at least an hour studying Latin. 

~Finish listening to Focus on the Family's Les Misérables audio dramatization. 

And speaking of Les Mis...

~Write at least two more posts at my Les Misérables Fan Blog.

~Watch War Horse. But it's okay if this doesn't happen, because I have a lot of other movie/tv related items on here.



~Catch up on the Jane Eyre read-along. 

~Read Fellowship of the Ring. It's a bit of a tradition for me to read Lord of the Rings at the beginning of every other school year. Who am I to break tradition?

~Enjoy the Olympics. I'll be in something of a frenzy these next few weeks working on all these other things, but I want to be able to enjoy some of the Olympics events without stressing about what I should be doing instead.

~~~

Yeah, I guess that's all I have. At the end of August, assuming I've gotten a respectable amount of all this done, I'll post an update. You all can keep me accountable to at least making a dent in it. :D

Thanks so much for reading!

What do you have to do before school and September start? 

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I can't wait for your guest-post! It'll be awesome I'm sure :)

    How is violin going? Are you working on any certain pieces or songs?

    Ooh Merlin! And Father Brown! And Robin Hood! Yay!!

    I should work on Latin too...I finished my lesson book but then I never ordered the second one and I pretty much forgot everything the first one said...oops.

    My goals for the end of the year are to finish reading the top section of my book shelf, finish learning how to play "Dawn" from "Pride and Prejudice" on the piano (I have been working on it all summer but I am soooo slowwwww; and I keep getting sidetracked by the "Les Mis" medley) and also "The River Flows in You" for piano. Also I want to visit some book stores in my area, finish the two "Lord of the Rings" video games (for GameCube and Wii) I started and see some more classic movies (finish "Star Wars" and "Harry Potter", see "Gone with the Wind" again--just got it from the library--and lots of other movies too).

    I don't know if I'm going to finish all these things by the end of the summer! *panics*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just really hope those CDs from the library come in soon. Otherwise I'll have to wing it. ;)

      Good! I actually just started at the beginning of the summer, so I'm not very advanced yet. I'm working on "In Dreams" from the easy piano LotR book and "A Whole New World".

      Haha, Latin problems. :) Which lesson books are you doing?

      Well, yay if I actually get around to watching any of them. Hopefully! :)

      Ohh, "Dawn" is really fun! When you finish that, you should be able to play "Mrs. Darcy" almost perfectly, because it's basically a variation on "Dawn". I'm assuming you have the piano book for the whole soundtrack? "The River Flows in You" is also really pretty. Definitely finish the Star Wars movies!! I love those movies dearly. <3

      I know!! I'm worried about not getting it all in either, but it shouldn't be too hard if I try hard enough. *bites nails* ;)

      Delete
    2. What CDs do you need? You're doing one on the soundtrack, right? The soundtrack is available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s

      Oh those are beautiful on the violin! Good luck!

      I'm doing the Little Latin Readers books (which makes me sound like I'm four years old or something XD) and I just finished the first book, Italia. Apparently they're some sort of homeschooling course.

      It is a really beautiful song, though I've had a bit of a hard time with playing the triplets on one hand and the duplets on the other. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it, though!

      Actually I found the music somewhere online, but maybe I can find the other soundtrack songs too...

      Yes, the first one was really good!

      Haha, you can do it!

      Delete
    3. I put the complete LotR soundtrack on CD on hold, but the Youtube video would probably work just as well! Thanks for pointing that out!

      They are...when I play them correctly. :)

      Hmm, I don't think I've heard of those... Are you taking Latin outside of your school assignments, or is it something you're doing for your school?

      Ah, yes. Those are tricky. Oh, well, if you ever find "Mrs. Darcy", you should try it. It's really fun. :D

      I'm glad you liked it! "Return of the Jedi" is my favorite, but the "critics" prefer "The Empire Strikes Back". I just love the ending of "RotJ".

      Aww, thanks! :)

      Delete
    4. No problem!

      ;)

      Well I go to public school (bleh) where they do not teach Latin, so I got some of the homeschooling courses to do on my own time. I don't get any school credit for it :(

      All right, I'll keep it in mind!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's quite the list!
    I hope your piano teaching business goes well, and I'll be praying that you get the students you need.
    I still have a long list of books to read (for school and otherwise), and I'm working on a zucchini cookbook that I desperately want to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...

      Thank you so much!! I'm going to start advertising on homeschool Facebook groups today, so here's hoping! :)

      Oh, those sound fun! Are you trying to make every recipe in the zucchini cookbook?

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.