Thursday, September 15, 2016

Guess-The-Book-By-Its-Book-Closing-Sentence Game Answers

Thank you to everyone who played!! It turned out a bit harder than I intended, but you all participated anyways. So thanks! :D 

Zee answers: 

1. "Before her, on the dark hill, against the sunset, was the little beloved grey house that was to be disappointed no longer."

Answer: Emily's Quest

2. "So I awoke, and behold it was a dream." 


Answer: Pilgirm's Progress


3. "He would be there all night and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning." 


Answer: To Kill a Mockingbird

4."And finally I began like this: When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home." 


Answer: The Outsiders

5. "Then they walked home together in the dusk, crowned king and queen in the bridal realm of love, along winding paths fringed with the sweetest flowers that ever bloomed, and over haunted meadows where winds of hope and memory blew."

Answer: Anne of the Island 

6. "'It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I ever have done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.'" 

Answer: A Tale of Two Cities 


7. "When Margaret grows up she will have a daughter, who is to be Peter's mother in turn; and thus it will go on, so long as children are gay and innocent and heartless." 

Answer: Peter Pan




8. "'Well, I'm back,' he said."

Answer: Return of the King(Lord of the Rings is also a legitimate answer) 

9. "When I take you on board the Witch, it's going to be for keeps."

Answer: The Witch of Blackbird Pond

10. "All their life in this world and all their adventures in ____(Narnia) had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before." 

Answer: The Last Battle 

Oh, and "one of the most wonderful authors that ever was" is L. M. Montgomery. :)  




~Scores~

Art3mis Took ~ 65%
KB ~ 40%
Chloe ~ 30%
Savannah ~ 30%
Madison ~ 20% 
Lover of Lembas ~ 20%
Cordy ~ 20% 



Thank you again for participating! 


What are some of your favorite closing lines? How many of these books have you read? 


5 comments:

  1. This was super fun, Meredith! I might read Anne of the Island just because the ending line is so good :D.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Savannah! Oh, you should!!! The ending is totes adorbz. <3 Have you read any other Anne books?

      Delete
    2. Only Anne Of Green Gables - I really enjoyed that book *nods*. Which one is the second book?

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. I loooooove that book so much. Anne's personality is so like mine, it's like reading parts of my life. (Besides living on PEI and all that.)

      Okay, so the second book is Anne of Avonlea and it's not as well liked as some of the others but I personally adore it. The next are Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, Rainbow Valley, and Rilla of Ingleside.

      They kind of lapse into much drier, flatter books than the first ones, but Rilla of Ingleside gave me an insight into WWI and will change your life forever if you can get over how different Anne is. ;)

      Delete
    4. *adds all to TBR* :D Thanks, Meredith!

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.