Monday, October 31, 2016

Pride and Prejudice Book Review

It should be a truth universally acknowledged that even someone who has read Pride and Prejudice twice, watched adaptions several times, seen a local play production, and who's writing a school essay about one of the characters is not qualified to formulate a review for the perfectness that is Pride and Prejudice.



But she'll try it anyways. :D

I'm going to try my four category review format. Maybe that will help. :)

Characterization-- 

Jane Austen's characterization comes in halves. Half brilliant, half so-so. Her female characters-- Lydia, Elizabeth, Jane, Mrs. Bennet(my poor, poor nerves!)-- are often well thought out and developed, while her male characters are somewhat one-dimensional. *hides*

But that's okay! The brilliance of her female characters makes up for her sometimes flat male characters. And Mr. Collins is good! ("Lady Catherine de Bourgh")

Plot--

I found it more engaging on this read since I was anticipating what would come next, but that could also have something to do with being a little young when I read it the first time. xD

Writing-- 

Not bad at all, but actually not my favorite style. It's a little--hmm...stiff(?).



Entertainment-- 

Very entertaining! More so as a re-read, but again, that could have something to do with my originally reading it as a junior high student.

As much as this goes against my principles(haha), I might recommend watching the movie first. It may help you enjoy the book more.

Either way, you should read it if you haven't yet, even if just to experience what all the hype is about. :) If you don't like it, that's okay because confession: I think it's overrated. It's amazing but overrated.

~~~

Hey, I actually reviewed it! That wasn't so bad! And, truly, it's very good; it's not like it's the book's fault for being overrated! :)

Have you read Pride and Prejudice? Do you, too, think it's overrated? 

5 comments:

  1. Indeed I have read Pride and Prejudice (twice)! It's one of my favorite books. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much perfect. Minus a couple things, you know. My review didn't do it justice. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, dear! I tagged you over on my blog if you're interested! :D I hope you have an awesome weekend! :D http://thelordsdaughtermorgan.blogspot.com/2016/11/fall-tastic-favorites-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking of doing a tag master-post or vlog sometime, so hopefully I can get to yours! The questions are enticing. :)

      And I'm sorry for not commenting recently at your blog. I do read a lot of your posts though and I enjoy seeing you on Pinterest and Goodreads. Maybe during Thanksgiving and Christmas break I'll be a little more frequent in the comment box. :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds like fun! :D

      No worries! Thank you! :D I hope you have a wonderful week, Meredith! :D Blessings, Morgan

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.