Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Christmas Carol and Miracle On 34th Street Joint Book Review

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

I'm reviewing these two books for A Literary Christmas 2016, which I participated in this year.
A Literary Christmas: 2016 Reading Challenge // inthebookcase.blogspot.com

Firstly, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: (the review I published on Goodreads)


Challenging but cozy, brief but vast, and classic but fresh.

Though it doesn't directly glorify the one Whom we celebrate on Christmas, the themes of redemption hark back to the gospel and His work on earth.

Possibly my favorite Dickens book.
Image result for A Christmas Carol










~~~

And, Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies: (a review I did not publish on Goodreads)

Short and sweet. Not my favorite Christmas story, but an interesting one. The setting and the scenes were entertaining and charming.

Also, it was illustrated by Tomie dePaola which automatically earns it "good points" in my opinion. :)

Perfect for anyone too old for Santa. :D

~~~

What are your favorite Christmas books? Have you read either of these? Which is your favorite Christmas Carol adaption? 


2 comments:

  1. Both of these books are now my favorite Christmas books. Great reviews.

    Thanks for participating in A Literary Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not quite as keen on Miracle on 34th Street, but The Christmas Carol is sooo good. :)

      Of course! I'm glad you invited me:)

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.