Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Literary Christmas Reading Plans

Hello, all! 


I have officially begun my Christmas break which means I will finally post this, I will hopefully post more frequently until New Year's, and my blog looks all winter-y.

So, first things first. I will begin "the Christmas break posts" with my reading list for Tarissa's Literary Christmas Challenge!

A Literary Christmas: 2016 Reading Challenge // inthebookcase.blogspot.com

If  you're interested, click the button to learn how to participate. 

Here are the books I plan to read: 

~Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies 

I didn't even know this was a book until recently. Apparently it was published a little before the movie, which seems unusual, but we'll see what it's like! 

And it's illustrated by Tomie DePaola which is a huge plus. 

~The Man Who Invented Christmas: How Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol Rescued His Career and Revived Our Holiday Spirits by Les Standiford

This one only has a so-so average rating on Goodreads, but it looks intriguing. I may not finish it, we'll see...

And maybe...

~The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Because re-reads equal the best reads. 


Are there any Christmas-y books you're reading this year? 

4 comments:

  1. Yessssss, winter break. <3 I'm so excited to have more time to read and do Christmasy things!

    Ooh, this looks like it will be fun! I'm planning on reading The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry; The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; and One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg. Maybe more if I have time. :)

    I know I haven't been commenting much recently, but hopefully that will change over winter break. I just love this time of year. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUSS. It was so nice this afternoon to have a solid two-hours to read. Clearly that's what Christmas break is for, right?

      Nice list! The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe especially. Have you read it before?

      That's okay, I haven't been commenting at your blog a whole lot either lately. :( But yes, Iguess that's why this is the most wonderful time of the year. :)

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining A Literary Christmas!!

    I'm excited to read Miracle on 34th Street. I hope to start it SOON. And someday I'm going to have to read A Christmas Carol again too, maybe by next year.

    I'm excited to see The Man Who Invented Christmas on your list too, as I'm somewhat interested in it, but didn't know if I should add it to my 2016 Christmas reading list or not. I look forward to reading your review on it!

    Blessings,
    Tarissa

    http://InTheBookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you for inviting me:)

      Yes, TMWIC looks really interesting! And it will be good to read non-fiction since I often neglect that realm.

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.