Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lord of the Rings Book Review

**I'm reviewing this marvelous epic for the Re-Reading Challenge.**

Like, how even. It's impossible to properly review something of this magnitude within the space and time I usually allot myself. So I'll do something different instead and just list my three favorite things about the trilogy then call it good.

3. The Coziness/Nostalgism 

I don't know what it is about Lord of the Rings. There's just something incredibly cozy and familiar about the writing style, the dialogue, and the world-building. It just feels so right.

2. The Characters

They're funny, they're lovable, they're epic, they're unique, they're perfectly developed. Even the villains are impressive.



And the couples make me happy. Farawyn=yess.

1. The Themes

I loove all the themes. Good vs. Evil, Sacrifice, Friendship.

What are your favorite things about Lord of the Rings

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about it that way before, but the "coziness" aspect is definitely up there. Especially in The Hobbit (which isn't technically part of the trilogy but I'll talk about it anyway)--when I picked it up for the first time I felt so peaceful and...yeah, I feel like cozy is really the best way to put it.

    Something I really appreciate about LoTR in particular is that it makes good characters interesting. For some reason it seems all too easy to make goodness seem boring, which I think is one of the reasons modern entertainment is giving every character a dark side. But if Sam has a flaw, it's being *too* loyal. And he somehow manages to be the one of the most interesting, amazing characters I've ever read about. That really motivates me by reminding me that virtue is beautiful.

    Nice review--short and sweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Isn't it interesting how he managed that effect?

      That's true. I love that his characters are mainly virtuous people(or hobbits or dwarves or elves, as the case may be) except the villains who are deliciously bad. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.