Monday, February 27, 2017

Recent Happenings





So far, 2017 has been pretty cool.

There was the initial holiday let-down at the beginning of January-- when school started again and we stopped listening to Christmas music 24/7--, but I "recovered" quickly. ;D

Now I feel content with the point of the year that we're at. The end of the school year is tolerably near and, following that, summer. Yay summer. :D Also my Beauty and the Beast Week is approaching, which is exciting.



It's always interesting to look back and think on where I was a year ago(which was Florida, by the way, so that's not always helpful). Or the things I was thinking about and the things I was doing.

So I thought I would share some of this year's-- the moods and things that have been happening in the last few weeks.

Star Wars Obsession 

Ever since I saw Rogue One for the second time, I've been in a big SW kick. And the release of Episode VIII's title and the anticipation of a trailer have only fed my enthusiasm. I re-watched A New Hope and The Force Awakens and bought a Rogue One poster and checked out a character encyclopedia from the library.

Also, I'm finally starting to "get" Star Wars limbo and...world. As much as I enjoyed the movies, I used to be shamefully ignorant of the Star Wars world and vocabulary, but because of this kick I'm learning it now. :D

Philippians 4

I've decided this is my favorite chapter of the Bible. It's encouraging but challenging and includes so many "famous" Bible verses.



Music

I started listening to Twenty One Pilots. Crazy, because it's totally out of the genre that I usually enjoy. Totally. But despite its occasional darkness and *ahem* weirdness, I like it. Especially the Blurryface album.

Also...

~You've Got Mail soundtrack

I've been listening to this for as long as I can remember and it's still good. xD

~You Make Me Feel So Young by Frank Sinatra

I don't know what it is with this song.

~La La Land soundtrack

Alll the songs. City of Stars, Someone in the Crowd, and whenever I need motivation for whatever task is in front of me(be it starting school, cleaning the bathroom, or clearing the table), Another Day of Sun.



Ukulele

I bought a ukulele! It sounds so happy. :D

my ukulele and the Rogue One poster my siblings think is weird :D



Snow

We've had a LOT of snow this year and one can particularly enjoy it while taking a day-road trip.

I took pictures, but I'm pretty sure they look deceptively good because they're small. In reality, they're pretty blurry. xD The snow was gorgeous though.






Youtube

As always. ;) 

Here are some of the best YouTube videos I watched this month...









Josh Taylor from Blimey Cow has his own Youtube account called Movie Trailer Trash for reviewing and discussing movies and movie trailers and it's really good.

~~~

What have been some highlights of your year? Do you have any snow? Do you ever experience "kicks" of enjoying a certain movie series? 

4 comments:

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.