Sunday, March 12, 2017

Beauty and the Beast Week Kick-Off and Tag

It has started! :)

I'm so happy that you all were interested to join-- it should be fun! :)

First of all, I should clarify something. I built the scheduling of this week around the live-action Beauty and the Beast movie which is coming out this Friday. But sadly, the director announced recently that it will feature a gay character-- LeFou. This development certainly disappointed me-- I believe that the Bible flatly condemns same-sex relationships and that it's inappropriate for Disney to force this kind of content into a kid's movie. And for these reasons, many Christians have chosen to not see or support the movie this week.

I respect that, and if you are among them, that's fine-- we can still celebrate and discuss the cartoon and other manifestations of the story this week. :)  And if you are planning to see it-- great! We'll see how it goes. 0.0

I just ask that if you agree with Disney's decision, you remain respectful to those of us who don't.

So, here's how this is going to work--

I'm going to post a game tomorrow and several other Beauty and the Beast-related posts throughout the week. I'll post the game answers and a wrap-up post this Saturday. The wrap-up post will contain a list of all the pertaining links to what you've written, so if you're planning to participate(even just filling out the tag), please remember to submit the link in the comments below this post.

The subject includes the cartoon Disney movie, the new Disney movie, the original fairy-tale, or any other movie/tv/book adaptions or re-tellings.


The Blog Buttons:






The Tag Questions: 

1.When did you first experience Beauty and the Beast?
2. In what forms(book, movie, retelling) have you experienced Beauty and the Beast?
3. Who is your favorite character in Beauty and the  Beast?
4. What is your favorite song from the cartoon Beauty and the Beast?
5. If you were turned into a piece of furniture what you want it to be?
6. What would your dream cast for Beauty and the Beast be? (This can be as elaborate or simple as you desire.)
7. If your school were performing BatB which character would you want to play?
8. Like Belle, do you enjoy reading books multiple times?
9. If you were to write a retelling, what would you change?
10. Are roses your favorite flowers? 

33 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll fill out the tag in a day or two, but for now, my review of The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux is up right here.

    If I have time later this week, would it be all right if I reviewed the movie version of POTO too? Or has someone else spoken for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Awesome, I will read it ASAP.

      That would be great! No one else mentioned it, so I think you're good.

      Delete
    2. I've got my tag up here now :-)

      I will see if I have time for it, okay? I've never reviewed it, and re-reading the book has put me in the mood, for sure. So the only issue will be if I can find the time.

      Delete
    3. Thanks!

      Sounds good. Time is definitely a practical consideration. :)

      Delete
  2. We had already bought our tickets when that controversy came out (as in flaunted, in a children's movie and caught the attention of prominent Christian thinkers, so I felt like it was worse than watching something and skipping or ignoring), and we want to see it, but I feel like the filmmakers did this on purpose, waited to for the last moment to release that info to stir up more controversy and attention thus making it worse for those who object. I appeciate the way you handled this.

    My tag answers should go up tomorrow. I'm looking forward to everyones' posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I'd already bought a ticket. And yeah, I agree it would have been better if they hadn't said anything. Yup. Sad. Thank you! I'm glad we agree. :)

      Yay! I am too!

      Delete
  3. Yay! My answers should be out later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here it is!
    http://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-beast-week-starts-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is my review!!! Thank you for this fun week!!!
      http://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2017/03/book-vs-movie-review-howls-moving-castle.html

      Delete
  5. You did a great job handling the film controversy... Well put. (It's all soooo sad. :/ Aargh.)

    Anyhow, here's my review for Belle: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2017/03/book-review-belle-by-cameron-dokey.html

    I enjoyed reading and writing it -- it came together really quickly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) It was very sad. I want to write a review soon and discuss the extent of the gay content. :/

      Great! Thank you for participating! I look forward to reading that. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and review. :)

      Delete
  6. And here're my tag answers: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-beast-week-tag-answers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are my answers tot he tag.

    http://thefloweringvales.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-beast-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright so my time is not my own so I don't know if I'll get around to the post I had planned. I'm sorry. I have another short post in mind but again, time. :P However, I did fill out your tag because I liked your questions so well. You can find my answers here:
    http://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-and-beast-week-tag.html
    Thanks for the tag and the game! (I went and watched the trailer after playing your game...I was so off! Haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I got around to doing the small post I mentioned. Here is the link if you're interested:
      http://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/2017/03/to-set-your-fairy-tale-minds-at-ease.html

      Delete
    2. That's okay! I'm sure the post you did write will be great. :)

      Yay! I will read and comment soon. :D

      Of course! Actually, you'll see this when I post the scores, but you did pretty well. ^.^

      Delete
  9. Yay, this Beauty and the Beast week is fun! :D I'm not sure if this post counts...but hey, it's about BatB so I'm assuming it does. XD

    http://sunshineandscribblings.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-word-about-beauty-and-beast.html

    Thanks so much for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Great, it counts!

      Thank you for participating!

      Delete
  10. I just put up my post on the Broadway musical. THe link is here
    http://best-of-classics.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-and-beast-broadway-musical.html

    I'll proably have the tag filled out by Saturday;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link for my answers to the tag (whew I just made it before the deadline)
      http://best-of-classics.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-beauty-and-beast-tag.html

      Delete
  11. Here are my answers!
    I'm excited to see the new movie soon. http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2017/03/beauty-and-beast-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect!

      I hope you enjoy it! I saw it last night and it was beautiful. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry for my late comment. Life has been busy.

    I really wished I could join the Beauty and the Beast Week, but I haven't seen both of the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for my late reply. ;)

      I would have loved for you to participate, but of course I understand why you couldn't. ;D

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.