Sunday, March 12, 2017

My Answers To The Beauty and the Beast Week Tag

Here are my answers! 





1.When did you first experience Beauty and the Beast?
When I was around four or five and watched the Disney movie. Come to think of it, we had a picture book version of the (non-Disney) story, so that may have been first.  Either way, I was four or five(or even three perhaps).

2. In what forms(book, movie, retelling) have you experienced Beauty and the Beast?
I've seen the cartoon, read the picture book version I just mentioned, listened to the Broadway recording, seen a high school production, and read Beauty by Robin McKinley.

Also I've read The Phantom of the Opera and Howl's Moving Castle which are at least reminiscent of BatB, if not technically re-tellings.

3. Who is your favorite character in Beauty and the  Beast?
Belle! I'm going to publish a whole post on why she's my favorite later this week.

4. What is your favorite song from the Beauty and the Beast(cartoon or Broadway musical)?
Probably Belle, the first song from the movie. I also love The Mob Song for some reason. I'm interested what that will look like in the live-action movie.

5. If you were turned into a piece of furniture what you want it to be?
A wardrobe would be fun, I could hold lots of pretty dresses.

6. What would your dream cast for Beauty and the Beast be? (This can be as elaborate or simple as you desire.)

I really like most of the cast for the 2017 movie, but I would like to see Georgie Henle as Belle.

7. If your school were performing BatB which character would you want to play?
I'd probably like to play one of the blonde girls in the village who sing in Belle. A small role, but expressive, and I'd get to sing. ^.^

8. Like Belle, do you enjoy reading books multiple times?
Yup. Very much.

9. If you were to write a retelling, what would you change?
Hmmm. I think it would be fun to try to incorporate time travel. I'm not sure how exactly, but it's an interesting thought.

10. Are roses your favorite flowers? 

No, I don't think I have a favorite flower... I do want to name one of my daughters Rose someday, though.

10 comments:

  1. Georgie Henle as Belle! I didn't' even think of that, but wow! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You've certainly experienced Beauty and the Beast in many ways. For me, it's just the animated movie. And I'm really wanting to read the original fairy tale this week. It's pretty short, so shouldn't take too long. I think one day I would be interested in one of the re-tellings you mentioned.

    Plus, time travel could be a VERY fascinating element of interest in a re-telling. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The animated movie is great too though. :) Yeah, I'm actually only half way through Belle(by Robin McKinley), but I'll post a review when I finish. Maybe you'd enjoy it!

      Thanks! I should write that now. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I've seen a high school play too. I've read a couple actual versions of the story too (as in old fairytale format), I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I was very young when I saw one, but I still vaguely remember enjoying it.

      Delete
  4. Whoa -- time travel would be really interesting to add to this story. Would you have Beauty or the Beast do the time-traveling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I just pulled that idea out of a hat because I remember talking to a friend who said she was sort of "into" time travel and that she asked me for book suggestions and I couldn't think of anything. Apparently we need more good time travel fiction. :)

      Maybe Beast would do the time travelling and that would sort of fix the plot hole concerning his age in the Disney cartoon.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I could dig that -- maybe he's traveled back in time to try to prevent himself from becoming a beast or something?

      Delete
    3. Yeah! And maybe he *wants* to travel forward to see what will happen before the last petal falls, but he's scared of what he'll see... Huh.

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.