Thursday, April 27, 2017

A-Z Book Tag

Another tag! I saw this one in a few different places, and despite not being tagged, I couldn't resist snatching it. :)




Author You've Read The Most From

Thanks to the very long A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket.

Best Sequel Ever 

I think The Chronicles of Narnia and Wingfeather Saga sequels may trump their firsts.

Currently Reading

The Book Thief, The Hunger Games, The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment, A Tale of Two Cities, and Start Here.

I have a problem with multi-reading. ;)

Drink of Choice While Reading

Water, hot chocolate, tea, or anything in a Starbucks cup.



E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical book!! I have a Kindle, but I will always prefer real books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated In High School

Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables books.



Glad You Gave This Book A Chance

Emily of New Moon.

Hidden Gem Book

Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl.

Important Moment In Your Reading Life

Reading Lord of the Rings, like Lover of Lembas said, and discovering the Lousia May Alcott books.

Just Finished

Hood by Stephen Lawhead

Kind of Book You Won't Read

I'm open to anything that looks good except trashy romance...which never looks good, so...

Longest Book You've Read

War and Peace.

Major book hangover because of...

Hmm. I don't usually get "book hangover" in that I don't want to move on to new books(I'm always up for new books!), but I will sometimes take a long time to process everything from a good book.

So, Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper or maybe Bridge to Terebithia.

Number of Bookcases You Own

I don't really own either, but by virtue of being in my bedroom, I like to say I have two. ;)

One book you have read multiple times

I've read The Hobbit five times which I think makes it the book I've read the most.

Preferred place to read

The couch, my bungee chair, and sometimes the bed.



Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read

I'm feeling sentimental today, so I have two rather gushy ones.

"I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam." --Frodo, Return of the King

"And by the way, Monsieur Marius, I believe that I was a little bit in love with you." --Eponine, Les Miserables 

awwww

Reading regret

Alice in Wonderland. But I had to read it for school, so what could I do? ;)

Series you started and need to finish(all books are out in series)

The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander. I started them about two years ago and genuinely enjoyed them, but I haven't gotten to the last two books yet. Maybe this summer!

Three of your all time favorite books

Anne of Green Gables, Lord of the Rings, and Les Miserables 

Unapologetic fangirl for...

Those three and anything else by L. M. Montgomery

my face when someone mentions them ;)


Very excited for this release more than all the others

The fifth Penderwicks book.

Worst bookish habit

Maybe starting too many books at once?

X marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book

Caddie Woodlawn. Great book.

Your latest book purchase

Yay! A chance to show you my beautiful new books. :) The Outsiders is probably the most gorgeous thing on my shelf. <3




ZZZ-snatcher(last book that kept you up WAY late)

I usually don't stay up super late for books, but maybe Don't Waste Your Life.


Well! That was a long tag. 0.0 Feel free to take it!

When was the last time a book kept you up late? Have you read anything good lately? Any Penderwicks books fans? 

9 comments:

  1. How cool! I might steal this...

    I love the Penderwicks, but I have only read the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!

      Oh, you need to read the other three! They're so good. :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for the Penderwicks, but I cannot find the release date. One of my sisters and I have checked multiple times! I want to reread the others close to the time I will get to read the 5th. Those books are gems. The characters are so realistic and dynamic and hilarious and interesting, and I just love books and movies full of homey, everyday details and humor. I was just thinking about that in light of watching A Friendly Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a release date yet. But I agree with you-- I am excited for whenever it comes out!

      Delete
  3. THERE'S GOING TO BE A FIFTH PENDERWICK BOOK?! *leaps for joy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what she the author says! Apparently it will also be the last installment(*cries*). Hopefully they give us a release date soon!

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.