Sunday, May 28, 2017

Robin Hood Week Tag



Please hop over to Olivia's wonderful blog to check out all the lovely Robin Hood festivities and whatnot. Because people running around in forests and bows and arrows and awesome villains equals yes. :) 



What was your first exposure to Robin Hood?

The Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green. 

Love. that. book. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a fan are you?


Probably 4 or 5. I really like Roger Lancelyn Green's book and I've read several other re-tellings, but I didn't like any of them exceedingly well and I'm only a partial fan of the tv show. *hides* 

How many versions and spin-offs of the legend have you experienced?

The books The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Outlaws of Sherwood, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, Hood, and Ivanhoe, if that counts. 

I've seen part of the Disney and Errol Flynn movies, but neither in entirety(yet). I've seen a season and a half of the BBC show, aaaaand a play version.

What is your favorite version of Robin Hood (can be book, movie, TV series, anything)?


The Roger Lancelyn Green book. Always. ;) 

I doubt most people would enjoy it as much as I did, but there's something special about it since I've read it multiple times and the first time my ten-year-old self was blown away by how entertaining and epic Robin Hood is. 

Are you one of the lads? (Meaning, have you watched/are you a fan of the BBC show?)


Yes, yes I have.  And it is seriously the most gif-worthy thing I've ever seen. 




Who is your favorite Merry Man?


In the BBC show, Much, because I love underdog and earnest characters, even if they're cliche or underdeveloped. 

Do you have a favorite portrayal of Lady Marian?


Lucy Griffith's probably. 

Do you have any interest in or aptitude at archery?


I thought I was semi-good when I did it at  summer camp, but it's not something I've pursued since.  

Fact or fiction -- which do you think? 


Both? That seems like the safest answer. xD

Do you think Robin Hood has been "done to death," or are there still new twists that can be found?


Hmmm, I think Robin Hood movies/tv shows/books in traditional Robin Hood settings may have outlived their welcome(not that I would turn down seeing/reading a new one if it were good enough), but I think there's still places to explore with stories following a Robin Hood structure in the way Leverage does(which, by the way, I have not seen *hides again*). 

So short answer, sort of, but no. 

~~~

Thank you so much, Olivia for the wonderful tag!! :D 


I love this gif because Will is being all calm and focused and Allan is being...Allan.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the tag, Meredith!! :D

    We have the Roger Lancelyn Green book, but I haven't read it (yet -- I would like to at some point :)). I think it was a great favorite of my oldest brother's!

    "The most gif-worthy thing I've ever seen." << HAHA, yes. <3

    "and Allan is being…Allan." << Also haha, yes. <3 ;D

    It was fun reading your answers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :D

      You definitely should. Oh, good-- I'm not alone in my love for it. ;)

      Right?! Seriously so. many. good. gifs.

      xD

      Thanks! And thanks once more for hosting the party!

      Delete
  2. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS BLOG EXSISTED?!?! I was just thinking about your Les Mis blog and went to see if you'd posted recently an I saw the link to this and was shocked at the audacity of myself for NOT knowing and immediately following this blog too!!!!!!!
    My sincerest apologies, my dear!!

    Also, I just have to say I LOVE BBC ROBIN HOOD SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! AAAGHH!!!! ITS THE BEST AND ALSO THE WORST BECAUSE OF SEASON 2s ENDING AND ALL OF SEASON 3 *wailing and grinding teeth*
    ~E

    scribblingpencils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you're so sweet! :D And I have been terrible-- I haven't posted there in forever. I'm so sorry!

      I knowww, everyone says the Season 2 finale is awful and I think I know what happens but I don't know the details and I'm nervous. But since I don't have Netflix and can only watch this show by ordering it from an outside library, I've been prolonging my own pain and suspense by watching it very, very slowly. xD When I finally finish it I can wail and grind my teeth with you. ;)

      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I now I really need to read that book. I does sound really good.

    You need to see all of the Errol Flynn version, it is my favorite version ever!!!

    Are you liking the BBC so far? (I'm guessing you are?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes. :)

      I will! Someday, I will. Someday soon.

      I don't like it quite as much as most of my friends who watch it, but I do enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Aw man, Leverage is good! You should try a couple episodes some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things, so I guess some time I will! :)

      Delete
  5. Well, this looks like fun! I've always thought I'd should read the Robin Hood book. I do believe I've seen an Errol Flynn movie about Robin Hood. Since there (apparently) are so many other Robin Hood inspired movies or TV shows, maybe I should try another. :)

    By the way, I wanted to invite you again to my annual Louisa May Alcott reading challenge. It has just begun for June 2017, on my blog. Do stop by if you’re interested!

    Tarissa
    http://inthebookcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the book and other Robin Hood movies/tv shows. :)

      Thank you for the invitation! :)

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.