Thursday, February 9, 2017

Beauty and the Beast Week Announcement, Dates, and Buttons

Bonjour!

Some of you may remember that I mentioned hosting a Beauty and the Beast week this March.

I wanted it to happen around the time the new live-action movie was set for release. Well, I have dates set now: March 12-18(Sunday to Saturday). I'll publish a kick-off post Sunday evening, and a wrap-up post Saturday night.

There'll be a tag, a game or two, a review of the new movie(assuming I see it right when it comes out which I absolutely plan to do), and other Beauty and the Beast festivities. ;) And you are invited to write Beauty and the Beast-themed posts, so long as they are kept to PG content and you link them on my kick-off post.

The subject includes the cartoon Disney movie, the new Disney movie, the original fairy-tale, or any other movie/tv/book adaptions or re-tellings.

I made the following buttons, so if you think you are going to participate, you can add one of these to your sidebar(if you are so inclined). :) 



14 comments:

  1. YES this looks so fun!!! I'm not that acquainted with Beauty and the Beast, but I will totally do some sort of post. This may be partly because of how gorgeous your buttons are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!

      Thanks! They turned out better than I expected. :D

      Delete
  2. Would you say that The Phantom of the Opera counts as a retelling? If so, I'd like to review the original book by Gaston Leroux. If not, let me know, and I'll figure something else out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Funny you should ask-- I was thinking about mentioning tPotO as an acceptable topic, but somehow it didn't end up in the post.

      So yes, I look forward to it! :)

      Delete
    2. Great! It's about time I re-read it.

      Delete
  3. Ooh... how exciting and what beautiful buttons! I'll have to think through what I might do, but I'm very interested in participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about a review of Belle by Cameron Dokey? :)

      Delete
  4. Oh how cool!!! I defenetly want to participate, I will think of something!
    Nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect. Take your time deciding. :)
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Meredith,

    I don't know how I missed this post but I saw your button on your sidebar and I said, I WANT ONE! Hahaha. :D I can't wait for this! Would it be okay if I do a post entirely on the trailer that just released? There is so much to love about it that I'm pretty sure I could spend an entire post gushing about it. ;D May I?

    ~Cordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you eventually found it! :D

      Sure! There IS so much to talk about. I love analyzing movie trailers, so I'm sure your post will be great. :)

      Delete
  6. Hello! I found your blog through MovieCritic! I'm so super excited for B&B week and I hope I can participate!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo! Sorry this response is a little late. 0.0 And thank you!! I likewise hope you can participate. :)

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.