Monday, February 13, 2017

Sunshine Blogger Award

Hamlette kindly tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It's been a while since I've done a tag, so that was good timing actually.


1. What's the oldest TV show you've ever watched?
Hmmm, good question. It looks like Leave It To Beaver, which first aired in 1957, but I could be forgetting something.

2. What's the newest TV show you've ever watched?

That's hard to say, because I watch shows that are still airing, but, since we don't have cable, I usually watch seasons from a while ago. So right now I'll occasionally watch an episode of The Middle, which is a current show, but I'm watching a season from five or six years ago.

I guess when I watched Season 6 of Downton Abbey that was the most recent season of a show that I'd ever seen.

3. What's the oldest fiction book you've read?

Pilgrim's Progress, unless Beowulf or Sir Gawain and the Green Knight counts.

4. What's the newest fiction book you've read?

I'm usually not quick to jump on new releases, so probably Outlaws of Time by N. D. Wilson, which I read a month or so after its release in 2016.

5.  What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
I don't know! Let me think... Possibly Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves(1938).



I've also seen George Melies' A Trip To The Moon(1902), but I'm not sure if that counts, being a silent film and not full length.

I need to watch more old movies! Any recommendations?

6. What's the newest movie you've watched?

When I saw The Battle of Five Armies, it had been less than 24 hours in theaters, but right now the most recent movie I've seen is Rogue One.

7. What was the first blog you remember following?

I non-comitally followed a few blogs when I was younger, but the first blog that got me into this circle of bloggers was Lianne Taimenlore. After that I started following Olivia's Meanwhile in Rivendell and it was down the rabbit hole from there. :D

8. What's the blog you've started following the most recently?

Possibly Rachel's A Downton Abbey Fan-Girl.

9. What song did you really love when you were 10 years old?

I may not have been 10 exactly, but Hey Soul Sister by Train. xD

10. What song do you really love right now? 

You Make Me Feel So Young
by Frank Sinatra.



~~~

Thank you, Hamlette, for the tag!

I tag anyone who has seen a vintage movie in the last two weeks. Or anyone who wants the tag. :)

My Questions: 

1. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
2. What song really annoys you?
3. If you could live in a different era and location for a year when and where would you choose?
4. What famous person would you really like to meet?
5. What would you buy with a $10 Starbucks gift card?
6. Which fictional character makes you really angry?
7. Which fictional character do you want to hug?
8. Name three characteristics you respect in people.
9. If your birthday were next week, what presents would you ask for?
10. What are some of your pet peeves?

~~~

Oh, and I'm sorry to anyone who tagged me for a tag I never did. I fully intended to, but it's been so long that I think I'll just start afresh.

4 comments:

  1. Cool answers! Aww, what a young Sinatra, all cheekbones.

    Because I feel like it, it's Friday, and I have other things I should be doing instead, I'm going to answer your questions. Right here.

    1. Rogue One, which I've seen 5 times now, and bears the unique distinction of being the first and only movie I've seen in theaters twice in the same week.

    2. I have no idea what it's called, but there's this song that goes, "Nah, nah, honey I'm good -- I could have another but I probably shouldn't." I CAN'T STAND IT. Not the lyrics, not the vocalist, not the music, and definitely not the message.

    3. Someplace out west in the 1880s. Wyoming or Montana, preferably.

    4. Hugh Jackman

    5. Coffee! I go to Starbucks a couple times a month to write in peace on Saturday mornings. I'm partial to Mocha Lite Frappucinos, mocha with a shot of hazelnut, and Peppermint Mochas. They also had this coconut milk machiatto thing when I was in Vegas last summer that I really loved, but it kind of is my Vegas Drink in my head now, so I haven't had one since.

    6. Lyra Erso in Rogue One for abandoning her daughter that way.

    7. Pretty much all the fictional characters I love. It's a thing, with me. Right now, I've been feeling like Magneto as played by Michael Fassbender really could use a good hug, but that's because I rewatched X-Men Apocalypse last weekend.

    8. Honesty, loyalty, and stubbornness.

    9. One last chance to see Rogue One in the theater. Also, some Alan Ladd movies I don't have yet. Also, time to watch said Alan Ladd movies. The novelization of Rogue One, which I'm reading from the library and loooooooving.

    10. People who don't put tools away when they're done with them, people who don't pick their socks up off the floor, and people who think Mommy is the only person capable of pouring milk/making sandwiches/putting on Band-Aids even when they have been blessed with a very competent Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know. :)

      Awesome!

      1. Ahhh, it's soo good. :D For me, it's the only movie I've seen multiple times in a theater and there are good reasons.

      2. I've been spared hearing that song(at least that I can remember), but it *sounds* annoying!

      3. Oooh, that would be cool! We actually vacation in Montana often and go to the museums and historical sites and such and, yes, that's a good answer. :)

      4. Nice.

      5. Those sound good. Especially mocha with hazelnut.

      6. Huh, it makes me wonder what Galen saw in her...

      7. I haven't seen the X-Men movies, but I'm sure he does. :) So many fictional characters need hugs, don't they?

      8. I like those. Loyalty especially.

      9. Good ideas. A Rogue One viewing would be a great gift. :D

      10. Haha, I'm familiar with those sort of people. ;) Actually I probably WAS that sort of child a few years ago. ^.^

      Delete
    2. The novelization of Rogue One does make Lyra a bit more sympathetic, but only barely. I really just don't understand her. I'm with Krennic on that one -- she is troublesome.

      Delete
    3. Well it's nice to find some common ground with Krennic. :D

      Delete

Comments are my favorite, seriously. :D But please do remember to remain respectful and all that.